Sunday Worship Guide
MAY 24, 2020
Call to Worship
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together! Psalm 34:2&3
Worship in song
This week's worship comes to us from Greg and Carrie Squires. We invite you to gather with your family/housemates to listen, sing, pray, and reflect.
All songs Used by Permission, CCLI License #20127823.
Looking for more Calvary SLO Worship Music?
Practice of Generosity
God is generous, and we desire to be like Him. It’s in the practice of opening our hearts to radical generosity that we take on the character of our Father in heaven.
If you’d like to support what we do (we are 100% community-sourced) by equipping others to live the way of Jesus, to love God and love others, you can give your tax-deductible donations here:
We hope the Resource Guide will be valuable to you as you practice the way of Jesus. This reading plan has been laid out over the next several months to aid you in reading, praying, engaging and being transformed by the Psalms.
Questions: (ask these with your family/group)
1. David opens the Psalm by directing that God be credited for glory and strength. Do you think that glory and strength should be attributed to God? Why, or why not?
2. How many times does this Psalm refer to God’s voice? In your own words, list as many descriptions of His voice as you can find in this chapter.
3. How do the descriptions of God’s voice relate to verses 10 & 11?
4. In what areas of life do you need to hear of the truths of verses 10 & 11?
5. For additional study, refer to the following passages describing God’s voice:
Genesis 1, I Kings 19:12, Matthew 3:17, John 1:1, Acts 9:3-7 and Hebrews 12:25-26
6. Share something you have gained from this Psalm that you would like to apply in your life.
Prayer is vital for us as individuals and for our community. If you need prayer for anything, please join us immediately afterward in our ZOOM prayer room.
FOR FAMILIES + CHILDREN