Families - Children
Our Vision is to help parents to raise kids who love Jesus and live as his disciples.
Partnering with Parents
This is a unique time while we as a church meet in a decentralized way. We want to offer resources for you and your family to worship at home. We are creating content each week for you to help disciple your kids and participate in our weekly worship and Sunday School.
We see this as an important opportunity to guide our children in the Gospel truths of hope and peace in our Mighty God in a time when they may feel confused or frightened as many aspects of their “normal” routine have suddenly changed. Here are a few concepts to consider discussing with your children:
- Pray with your children for those who are sick, doctors and our government
- Discuss new ways of loving our neighbors and spreading the peace of Jesus
- Be honest but positive to guard their hearts from fear:
- They are not likely to get sick
- The cancelling of events is to protect our weak and vulnerable members of society and keep the germs from spreading
- This will go away and they will get to go back to their normal routine
For more resources be sure to check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/calvaryslokids/
Sunday School Lessons
With our community meeting digitally, we have made available materials including teaching guides, printouts for the kids, crafts, games and songs. Our desire is to equip you as parents to disciple your family well in your home.
Here are a few guidelines for leading your kids in worship:
- Set aside time from distractions (TV, phone, pets, food, etc) both when reviewing the lesson and sitting down to teach your kids
- Pray with your family when you start and ask the Holy Spirt to help each of you listen and learn about what God is teaching you from this week's lesson
- Ask questions about how each of you can apply the lesson to your life (parents too)
- Relax! God will bless the time you are investing with your kids and He wants to use us as parents to minister to them
If you are not already receiving Children Ministry Emails you can request to be added to our list and receive access to the Sunday School Lessons.
If you already had a password emailed to you:
If you need a password emailed to you: